‹ Back to search results
Location: Central Bristol
Salary: £21-25K, £26-30K
Job Type: Permanent
Our client, a leading financial services provider based in the heart of the City Centre, is looking for a Junior Developer to join their IT Development team. The Junior Developer will be tasked with supporting and maintaining major business applications, ecommerce websites and databases.
This Junior Developer role is an excellent opportunity for a recent IT graduate (ideally with a software engineering related degree) or non-graduate with significant IT development experience, to gain experience and training in the insurance industry. In return, you will enjoy many benefits, including a competitive salary, office hours and the opportunity for ongoing career progression.
Daily duties of the Junior Developer to include:
- Maintaining applications on the Microsoft .Net stack
- Supporting the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, deliver functionality, testing and support
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates
- Adhering to high quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Working with end-users, domain experts and business analysts where necessary
- Providing third-level support to business users
- Completing ad hoc database fixes and updates
Due to the nature of this role, the successful Junior Developer should have strong written and verbal communication skills, alongside excellent problem solving skills. Experience of technical writing, secure coding and/or threat modelling would be beneficial. And any customer service experience, especially in an IT capacity would be great!
If this Junior Developer role sounds like you, please get in contact today!