‹ Back to search results
Location: North Bristol
Job Type: Permanent
Do you have experience of working within professional sports?
Do you have strong commercial and marketing experience?
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Commercial Director to join one of the UK’s leading professional sport clubs. The club has just entered a hugely exciting time in its history and this year will be one of the busiest yet, with a host of domestic and international fixtures confirmed.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working as part of the Club’s senior leadership team, the role of Commercial Director is crucial in generating revenue and positive awareness for the Club.
The Commercial Director is tasked with setting the strategy for and delivering on all commercial areas of the Club, including; partnerships and sponsorships, marketing initiatives, ticket sales, retail, media and communications, digital revenue streams, member engagement and customer experience.
Key objectives of the Commercial Director to include;
- Leading the commercial team to overdeliver in areas of revenue generation, beating targets and setting new benchmarks
- Growing all elements of marketing in support of the Club’s ‘brand’, ticket sales and internal and external initiatives
- Overseeing all commercial partner relationships and sponsorships and supporting the Business Development Manager with new and existing meetings and proposals
- Managing the creation of an agile communications plan which promotes Club in a positive and progressive light
- Growing and maintaining the membership base, updating the retail model and producing a clear retail strategy to grow sales
The role of Commercial Director requires a cool head, a commitment to the customer and a genuine passion for the vision of the Club. It is well suited to someone that is approachable, flexible and organised, with experience of running multiple projects simultaneously. Experience of working within professional sports is important and working at major sporting events is preferred.
Please contact me if you are interested in discussing this position further.