‹ Back to search results
Customer Service Advisor - Medical Claims Handler
Location: Central Bristol
Job Type: Permanent
Do you want to work for the UK’s biggest travel insurance provider?
Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
If so, our client that boasts an office in a prime City Centre location is looking for an experienced Customer Service Advisor to join their medical travel claims team.
Dealing with the first notification of medical travel insurance claims or the co-ordination of these claims, the Customer Service Advisor role offers an excellent opportunity for someone to further develop their customer service skills.
Daily duties of the Customer Service Advisor will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for customers abroad and requiring medical assistance
- Registering new cases on the internal system and capturing all relevant information
- Applying a triage system based on the severity of the claim and urgency of assistance required
- Informing customers of the correct procedures in an empathetic manner
- Arranging medical services for customers and reviewing reports
- Booking services for family members and organising the logistics of getting customers home
- Ensuring claims are co-ordinated and progress efficiently
- Dealing with all claims in a calm and empathetic manner
- Capturing all information on the internal database
- Meeting standards of customer service excellence
Due to the nature of the Customer Service Advisor role, it is important that the successful candidate demonstrates strong customer focus, communication and problem-solving skills. While previous customer service experience is required, this does not necessarily need to have been gained in a contact centre environment.
As this is a 365-day operation, the successful candidate will need to be flexible to work Monday to Sunday shifts between the hours of 7.30 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. including Bank Holidays. There is also an opportunity to work part-time weekend hours.
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more details, then please contact us ASAP.