‹ Back to search results
Location: Central Bristol
Job Type: Permanent
Are you looking for a great opportunity working within finance?
Do you want to move into or further your finance experience and work for one of the UK’s leading financial institutions?
If so, our client that delivers claims and medical assistance to travel insurance customers is looking for a Finance Assistant to join their Finance department. Reporting to the Group Accountant, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for raising and processing payments and providing associated reporting.
In return for this opportunity, our client who boasts an office in a prime City Centre location, is looking to offer a competitive salary and office hours. This is in addition to the potential for ongoing development and progression.
Daily duties to include:
- Generating daily payments for travel claims
- Raising weekly cash requests and arranging bank transfers to fund claims
- Posting claims transactions and recovery transactions to the accounting system
- Exporting banking transactions and uploading these to the accounting systems
- Issuing purchase order (PO) numbers
- Delivering incoming banking requirements to local branch
- Assisting with monitoring and maintaining of shared email accounts
- Producing reports as required by the Group Accountant
- Completing ad hoc tasks as required by the Finance department
This Finance Assistant role is ideally suited to a graduate looking for a role in finance, or someone studying towards a related finance qualification i.e. AAT who is looking to apply their theoretical knowledge in a practical setting. A good working knowledge of Excel, as well as excellent prioritisation and communication skills are required.
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more details, then please contact me ASAP as our client is looking to move quickly on this role.